COVID VOICES e. V. - Share, Connect, Help and Make A Difference!
Use our customized world map to discover COVID-19-related experiences from all around the globe!
About COVID VOICES Web Tool
About COVID VOICES e. V.
COVID VOICES e. V. is a registered, non-profit association based in Germany. The goal of the association is to document individual COVID-19 experiences on a global scale of people who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic health-wise and/or economically and/or otherwise and who are willing to share their experiences with the association and with future generations. The conducted interviews and/or for COVID VOICES e. V. recorded narratives will then be combined with COVID-19 data with the following main objectives:
The short term goal is to enable the systematic identification of local, regional, national and international collective problem areas. Further down the road, the use of data mining and machine learning enables the analysis of multidimensional data sets, including social and economic dimensions. The long-term goal of COVID VOICES e. V. is to document and archive these narratives, to ensure an understanding of the impact of the pandemic through individual fates on a global scale for future generations, to bring people together and help mitigate the crisis. In this spirit:
“Share, Connect, Help and Make A Difference!”
This project is powered by the Online Sciathon and the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings.
COVID VOICES e. V. at the Sciathon 2021
- The Sciathon 2021 project presentation: Video – Project Presentation (2021) : Lindau Online Sciathon (lindau-nobel.org)
- All Sciathon 2021 projects: Projects 2021 – Lindau Online Sciathon
- COVID VOICES e. V. at the Sciathon 2021: Upscaling and Digitalizing COVID VOICES e. V. – Lindau Online Sciathon
COVID VOICES e. V. at the Falling Walls Lab Rhineland 2020
- COVID VOICES e. V. presenting at the Falling Walls Lab Rhineland 2020
COVID VOICES e. V. at the Sciathon 2020
- The Sciathon 2020 results: http://sciathon.org/results/
- COVID VOICES e. V. presents the Sciathon 2020 results at the Online Science Days 2020: https://www.mediatheque.lindau-nobel.org/videos/38766/2020-osd-sciathon-results-capitalism-after-corona
- COVID VOICES e. V. helps “future proofing the global economy after COVID-19”: https://www.lindau-nobel.org/future-proofing-the-global-economy-after-covid-19/
- The highlights of the Online Science Days 2020: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/lindau-nobel-laureate-meetings_linosd-activity-6743924963859820544-blDh
Think back to your childhood, when your parents were reading stories to you. Think back when friends shared a powerful or life-changing experience with you by telling you a story. Think back to moments in your life when you couldn’t wait and just had to tell a story, which was important to you. Then take a moment and reflect on the power of the individual narrative and how it can change human behavior and eventually how global narratives can shape economies, politics and societies. The COVID-19 crisis created countless individual narratives of people affected by the crisis. COVID VOICES e. V. tries to unlock the potential of these individual narratives.
All the collected and displayed figures, stories, and videos of this project should not be viewed as headcounts of COVID-19, but as a more humane dispensation of the crisis adding a human dimension to both, the positive and negative consequences of the crisis. It is a great challenge to change a mindset, which thinks in statistics and numbers into a mindset “seeing” the real-life impact behind the numbers. The documentation of this project includes a collection of powerful images and videos. See for yourself and contribute now:
Share your experience
Combining COVID-19 data and personal experiences is crucial to understand the full impact of the pandemic. The first step of a thorough data collection has been accomplished by https://ourworldindata.org/. Our analysis, which combines such COVID-19 data with personal experiences heavily relies on such data. Hence we gratefully acknowledge the outstanding work of https://ourworldindata.org/, which helps us understand and document the full impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have the desire to connect with individuals, who are participating in the project, contact us at email@example.com
COVID VOICES e. V.
Hauptsitz: 52062 Aachen, Deutschland
Eingetragen ins Vereinsregister am 05.11.2020 unter dem Registerblatt VR6089
Terms and Conditions
Purpose of data processing / objective of the project
Data is provided by the voluntary provision of sound and/or video recordings and/or text documents and/or images by different groups of people. These are, on the one hand, those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and, on the other hand, professionals who are involved in the analysis of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The aim of the project is to develop the foundation of an instrument for crisis documentation, intervention and crisis management.The focus is on the (inter)national documentation and the socio-economic analysis of the COVID-19 pandemic based on individual experience reports and their evaluation by means of machine learning.
The personal data collected will be processed on the basis of your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR. If special categories of personal data are affected, the personal data will be processed on the basis of your consent in accordance with Art. 9 Abs. 2 lit. a GDPR.
Duration for which the personal data will be stored / Criteria for determining the duration
The personal data will be stored for the duration of the project. The data published in the context of the project will remain publicly available until the declaration of consent is revoked. Scientific publications published prior to revoking consent are not affected by revoking consent.
Within the scope of the legal requirements, you are generally entitled to:
- Confirmation of whether personal data concerning you will be processed
- Information about these data and the circumstances of the processing
- Correction if this data is incorrect,
- Deletion, insofar as there is no justification for the processing and no obligation to retain it (no longer),
- Restriction of processing in specific cases determined by law
- Transfer of your personal data to you or a third party in a structured, common and machine-readableformat, as far as you have provided it.
In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, with the result that the processing of your personal data, in accordance with your declaration of revocation, becomes inadmissible for the future. However, this does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of consent until the revocation
No automated decision-making (including profiling)
The processing of your personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making (including profiling) in accordance with Art. 22 sec. 1 and paragraph 4 GDPR does not take place
- “Personal data” means, in accordance with Article 4(1) GDPR, any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’). Identifiable as a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by association with an identifier such as a name, identification number, location data, online identification or one or more specific characteristics that are an expression of the physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. This can be, for example, the indication of where a person is insured, lives or how much money he or she earns. It is not important to mention the name. It is enough to be able to find out who they are.
- ‘Processing’ means, in accordance with Article 4(2) GDPR, any operation or series of operations carried out with or without the aid of automated procedures in connection with personal data such as the collection, organisation, ordering, storage, adaptation or modification, reading, querying, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of provision, comparison or linking, restriction, erasure or destruction.